A beta version of JHOVE 1.8 is now available for testing. Please report any problems. New stuff:
- If JHOVE doesn’t find a configuration file, it creates a default one.
- Generics widely added to clean up the code.
- Several errors in checking for PDF-A compliance were corrected. Aside from
fixing some outright bugs, the Contents key for non-text Annotations is
no longer checked, as its presence is only recommended and not required.
- Improved code by Hökan Svenson is now used for finding the trailer.
- TIFF tag 700 (XMP) now accepts field type 7 (UNDEFINED) as well as 1
(BYTE), on the basis of Adobe’s XMP spec, part 3.
- If compression scheme 6 is used in a file, an InfoMessage will report
that the file uses deprecated compression.
- In WAVE files the Originator Reference property, found in the Broadcast Wave Extension
(BEXT) chunk, is now reported.